I have question for  the biodiesel makers in the group.
I had gathered some materials here in Israel, for making biodisel. I am using
ethanol not methanol . Both from health and environmental reasons.
And I am wondering if it is worth while, economically
I brought potassium hydroxide for 0.81 cents a kg very chip indeed I will also
have to include the cost of caustic soda for reducing fat acids in the two
stage process,  but it is only small amount.
And finally the most expensive ingredient - ethanol. I have checked with the
local chemical supply store there it cost 3.21 $ per liter of synthetic alcohol
which supposed to be chipper then distilled one .
I will need 300 ml per liter , so the cost is something like 0.96 $ per liter
if you include the other materials and labor it comes to like 1.10$ - 1.20$ per
liter of biodiesel .
Today I been at the gas station and they had a sale of diesel at 0.636$ a liter
the normal price of diesel is 0.74$ liter
so it seems that if I won't find chipper source of ethanol it is not economical
for my to make biodiesel.
I am interested in what solution other people using the ethyl ester process had
find to the high ethanol price, and where do they find chip source of ethanol,
that is without distilling  it themselves .
I am working on building a still apparatus , but if the price of ethanol is so
high isn't it more worth while to sell the ethanol instead of making bidiesle
with it?

Alon Sfarim  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511