Ken,

I wonder how things would go with titrations between 2-3 ml NaOH?  That
seem to be somewhat average WVO that I am collecting.  I sure do need to
get over to MAX's to get some of that stuff your collecting ......  ;-)

This is a great thread and I am glad your doing the experiments to figure
out what is the limit for Eth processing.  And for everyone out there, I
have been over to Ken's for processing and the setup is EXTREEMELY ludite
and Ken is getting good results with a 5:1 Eth:Meth ratio for titrations
under 2 ml NaOH.  So, it is possible to be as Eco as possible using just a
small amount of Meth.

Good work Ken!!!

James Slayden

BTW, did you ever get another drum of that Parallel Products Eth?  I know
you and Dave Shaw were in contact so I wanted to see if it finally got off
the ground.

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003, Ken Provost wrote:

> on 12/30/03 8:26 AM, Dan Maker at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
> > I want to make biodiesel from WVO and Ethanol.  So far
> > the only ethyl esters I've heard discussed are from
> > virgin oil, or mostly virgin oil with only a small
> > percentage of WVO.
>

> Well, not exactly. I've been using about half 'n' half
> WVO and flush oil (overall 0.9 ml NaOH titer), but I'm
> doing a sample of straight WVO (1.7 ml NaOH) tonite with
> 90:10 eth:meth just to prove you wrong :-)
>
> Now I know that's not very high still, but I'm truly
> shocked to read of fokes trying to use 8- and 9-ml
> stuff. Hey, garbage is garbage -- we can't work miracles
> here. I get my oil from Hammerhead Fish House and Maxx's
> Ribs -- it's 1.7 after 6 mos. in my garage. There's no
> need (for me at least) to get any worse.
>
> If I really needed to use the WORST I've EVER seen in
> my area (4.0 ml Na titr), and I wanted to use mostly
> ethanol, I'd do acid-base with 9:1 eth:meth. I bet it
> would work, tho I can't say fer sure.....  -K

> Biofuels list archives:
> http://archive.nnytech.net/index.php?list=biofuel

> To unsubscribe, send an email to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]