Gasoline Fumes wrote:

> Hi, I just joined the group. I'm very interested in making biodiesel,
> but have a question about using used motor oil as a diesel fuel. I
> know it wouldn't be "bio," but it seems like a good way to get rid of
> the oil. Can it be converted to diesel fuel using the same methods as
> SVO? Or is there another way? And how clean would it burn?

If you're going to use waste motor oil as fuel the first thing you want
to do is filter the heck out of it.  Run it through a 5 micron filter.
And then run it through again.  Then just run it about a gallon or so
per tankful of diesel.  It _will_ crud up your fuel filter, though not
badly so.

AP

To visit your group on the web, go to: