Floating wicks or simple wick holders can be fashioned, as simple as a
piece of copper ground wire around the wick to support it, or hang it
off of a jar, and wound around the wick loosely and into the oil (this
also transfers heat back down into the oil, so it acts as a preheater)

... or take a long-neck (emptied!) beer bottle, punch a hole in the
cap, install lamp wick to a tight fit, fill bottle with vegoil,
reinstall cap....than lay it down on its side. That will get the oil
thru the wick, whereas it will not work if the bottle is standing
upright.

You can then set a bunch of these in a row or in a circle for an
interesting effect, and get some decent BTU's at the same time!

Changing the angle of the bottle, and adjusting the wick protrusion
from the cap will give the desired amount of flame...keep the wicks
trimmed, clean and fairly short and they will burn for an hour or so at
at time, then usually need have the carbon knocked off, and be re-lit.