Walt Patrick wrote:

<snip>

>It's my
>hope that opening up new energy sources at the grass roots level (which I
>thought was the point behind this list)

One of them, and it's been and continues to be most successful.

>will open up new options for
>change. That's why we're working on building a micro reactor for converting
>carbon-based waste into methanol.
>
>       It used to be that newspapers had a stranglehold on
>information, but the
>internet has completely undercut their ability to control public
>perception. I believe that the development of _in situ_ power sources has
>the potential to similarly dethrone the oil companies and make their
>stranglehold on society into a historical footnote.

Yes, that's always the theme here, we're always saying so, the
archives is full of it - it's absolutely essential, if there's to be
any history. Though there'll always be a role for centralised
production, but not on any throne.

>       Politicians, right and left, lie. That's hardly news, and
>hardly likely to
>change unless conditions render them irrelevant. That's why I'm here on
>this list, to glean information which might help further that goal. It's
>becoming quite evident that other would rather pursue their paritsan agenda
>regardless of how many people it drives off-list.

I'd like you to amplify that please. Please be specific, you've
intimated something like this previously  - who and what exactly are
you talking about? And why do you think people are been driven
off-list? Which people?

I think you're falling into your own trap of seeing things according
to a partisan agenda, but in a different, much broader, and much more
important sense, that goes much further than the national concerns of
some among the minority American contingent here. "Us" and "them",
and you're not considering "them", but "them" is the majority here,
non-Americans of every ilk. You think your election only concerns
Americans? The actions of your current administration have been the
cause of the biggest protests worldwide and the most vocal and united
opposition the world has ever seen, by a very long way, quite
unprecedented. You think it has nothing to do with biofuels and
localising power sources? If so you're not thinking very clearly.

Now please tell us just who and what you're pointing the finger at.

Best

Keith