<x-charset ISO-8859-1>--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "look4bryan" <[EMAIL
PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've read that diesel engines can use biogas/methane and producer gas
> to run, but still needs 10% diesel fuel injected into the engine to
> facilitate ignition.  I'm not really up on IC engines, so I'm
> wondering how one convinces a diesel to inject only 10% rather than
> 100% of the expected fuel load?  Injector change?  Some programable
> option?
>
> Bryan

Yeah,
I've allways wanted to know, what else could the diesel engines be
run? E.g. can you run it on ethanol? I think in principle they can be
run on almost anything, including powdered carbon(carbon dust) :). Of
course the injectors must change in this case...

As to your question, it might even be, that there is no need to change
injectors. E.g. - the gaseous fuel is mixed with intake air and the
diesel part is delivered as usual, only in an 10 times smaller
portion. Of course this is just a gues, I haven't heared of such a
modification.
But I've heared of a similar mod to run on diesel /ethanol - only the
ethanol part was on the order of 5%: the ethanol was injected into the
diesel air intake through the ordinary carburetter, and the diesel
delivered as usual