<x-charset ISO-8859-1>We are interested in planting jatropha curcas for
producing our own
biodiesel and have found quite a bit of information on the net but a lot of
it is conflicting.  So we have a lot of questions that we need answering and
would appreciate any help in this regard.  We are also looking for a place
to buy seeds, as there doesn’t seem to be place where we can purchase in
South Africa.

1.      How much oil can we conservatively expect per hectare?
2.      Do cuttings give a lower yield than seedlings/seeds and does this last
over the life span of the tree?
3.      What is the ideal spacing for planting and what are the best conditions
for growing and planting?
4.      How long does it take for the plant to yield nuts and for how long will
it produce?
5.      How often does the tree bear fruit?
6.      Is it necessary to irrigate to get the maximum yield?
7.      Must we protect the plant against specific pests and diseases?
8.      What can we do with the remains of the nuts after pressing them for oil?
9.      How much biodiesel can we expect to get out of processed oil?

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511