hi,
i'm new to bio diesel,so i may be out of line jumping in here.
i have an industrial hydraulics background and i am i am very familar with the
process you are describing.one micron is very small.the average human hair is
about forty microns in dia.what you need to find out is if the filter system is
one micron nominal or absolute.noninal means the filter will trap down to
thatsize but may let larger particles through.absolute means just that.nothing
over one micron will ever get through.
the rest of the system sounds very similar to a system we used to remove water
from a unit that used silver plated aircraft bearings.it worked very well but
the plates would sludge up and have to be cleaned.                   good luck

Go Hoff <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
A company in my part of the world, Clean oil technology, has just released a
system comprising of a 1 micron filter and evaporator claiming to eliminate
the need for oil changes.

Well, the 1 micron got my curiosity as I am determined to to use wvo in a
Lucas Cav pump and I visited their site:
http://www.cot.se
There is an installation pdf there which explaind how it all works. Since
then I have been talking to Ronny Sëâerlund who is on the R&D side. He is
prepared to answere any questions (but please post copies to the list, so we
can all share) if anyone wants to look into this.

Oil gets to the evaporator/heater after the filter and is basically sprayed
onto a 120ˆá  heating plate where moisture is evaporated it then trickles
on. The system requires a pump and at 3 bar will give 27 litres per hour -
enough I would think for most car applications.

Now I don” know what the Vormax filters down to or heats up to or indeed
what it costs. This thing though doeas get down to 1 micron and heats to
120ˆá - is this too much?

Anyway I thought it looked quite interesting - I have no connection to COT
I'm just curious.