Hello Craig

>John,
>
>We (Neoteric Biofuels, http://biofuels.ca) also do singletank (as well
>as two-tank.) Our kit is cheaper than Elsbett's, and offers better
>filtration and easier install, with a self-regulating electric fuel
>heater that doesn't require the electronic complexity of the Elsbett
>system.
>
>The guy in Berkeley who runs olive oil in his '98 Mercedes is not
>currently heating his olive oil - something that we don't recommend.
>
>Craig Reece

The link Rachel posted to the Elsbett workshop is interesting, worth a read:

>yes.
>
>We had a training/install workshop with them in March.
>Here's a link to the review...
>http://www.biofuels.coop/blog/archives/000066.html
>
>for pictures check out www.localaction.biz
>click on Elsbett workshop.
>
>rachel

www.localaction.biz has been "inaccessible" both times I tried, but
the blog link works.

Actually I'm not sure they're comparable, your kit and Elbett's. The
main cost component of your single-tank kit seems to be the Vormax
filter, is that right? Perhaps the Vormax is in itself a "better"
filter, but I don't think that means that Elsbett's filtering is less
effective. Have a look at what Rachel's report on the blog says about
that. Elsbett has a very long and illustrious history of diesel
engineering and does not skimp on filtering.

Elsbett's kit is not generic, it seems to be specified for each
different motor, and components and cost vary accordingly. According
to your website, with your kit (still only for VW and Mercedes?)
modified injectors are an optional extra. "If you wish to optimize
more fully for vegetable oil use, you would order modified injectors.
Basically, modified injectors are $90 each plus refundable core
charge of $70 (refunded when we receive your old injectors, so that
your engine does not have to sit around out of service and
injectorless while you wait for the new ones!! Our injectors are
ready to use, not a kit to be added, so you do not need to take them
to an injector shop for fitting and modification, as is the case with
competing products."

"Competing products" would be Elsbett? - it's the only other
single-tank system. Elsbett doesn't always change the injectors, it
depends on the motor. Where they do change them, the new injectors
arrive with the kit, you fit them and send the old ones back at your
leisure for a refund, there's no waiting for new ones while your
engine sits around injectorless.

You've quite often talked of the extra complexity and installation
difficulties of the Elsbett kit, here and elsewhere. I don't think I
agree with that either. Our friend and biodiesel/anti-diesel-bashing
collaborator Takehiko Wada bought an Elsbett system for his '94 Golf
3 a few months ago. Wada-san brought the kit to show us when it
arrived, different sets of components in separate plastic bags, all
neatly labelled and specified. He didn't have problems installing it.
He exchanged a few emails with Alexander Noack at Elsbett (cc'd to
me) and, despite large potential language pitfalls, all went smoothly
and he's a very happy customer.

"Thanks for continuous support for SVO system with your team. I think
your system is considering very well for using SVO Fuel on small car
with cheap price."

With the injector refund, it cost him Euro 800. Another Elsbett
system sold here for a '91 Toyota cost Euro 750. (Currently 1 Euro =
1.1987 US$.) Of course it has a one-year warranty, the only SVO
system that does, AFAIK.

So again, for your price comparison, considering what you're getting,
there's not much in it. I don't agree with the whole basis of the
comparison. By all mean promote your system, but I don't think your
citing its purported advantages over the Elsbett system has much or
any substance. It reminds me a bit of the SVO vs biodiesel
non-argument. Why not just promote it on its own merits?

Best

Keith

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511