Local price right now is $98 for 54 gallons.  The local supplier is
at least the third in the line of adding their cut to the price.  I
could get a little cheaper in Ohio, but then would have to either
drive there to pick it up or pay freight costs ($122 for 2 barrels).

Brian

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "riored96" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How much are you paying foe methanol?
> 'Contract' price is $0.75 / gal.
> www.methanex.com, for prices.
>
> --- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I buy my methanol from a racing fuel supplier.  They have not
> > brought up the "road use tax" with me on methanol (I've placed a
> > total of one order so far), but I am guessing that they would if
> > were to buy any of their fuels that can be used in street
machines.

> > I am sure that this is required by law.  If their fuel is used in
> > vehicle on the road, they have to collect the tax.  I'm not sure
if
> > this is your situation as well.  If it is, however, the loophole
is
> > that you're using the methanol in a processor, not a vehicle at
> > all.  The form that you are signing simply states that the
Methanol
> > you are buying will not be put into a fuel tank of a vehicle
driven
> > on the road.  Any other use of the chemical does not subject it
> > this tax.  I would read the form carefully to make sure that this
is
> > the case.  If so, however, sign away and use your methanol with a
> > clear conscience.
> >
> > Brian
> >
> > --- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "Mark Finewood"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>