I have heard that metal gets suspended in the oil. That is why EPA
doesn't want salvaged lubricating oil burned in engines or stoves. An
electrostatic filter might remove it, be worth trying. Used
lubricating oil looks like it has quite a potential for pollution.

Kirk

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >James Slayden wrote:
> >
> > > Hrmm, I don't seem to get around to it until ~8,000 miles or
so.  Seems
> > > fine so far and I have 90K on my engine.
> > >
> > > James Slayden
> > >
> >I have changed the oil in my 1991 chevrolet corsica every three
thousand
> >miles since new. Currently the car has
> >306,000 miles and still runs like new.
> >Dave
>
> Thanks for all the replies, folks, but has anyone read the thing?
>
> > >To download the latest version, please go to
> > >
> > >http://TheMotorOilSite.com and register for an account.
>
> I don't think there's any particular hassle or peril in
registering.
> (Just kill the cookies afterwards, as ever.)
>
> I guess regular 3,000-mile oil changes surely won't do the motor
any
> harm. Kirk, your friend's 60,000 miles (without checks?) probably
got
> her the predictable results. I think you have a good point about
the
> additives expiring. Which additives, I wonder?
>
> Robert, thanks for the info about the RR Merlins (5,000 hp!!!) and
> the 12-cyl Jags. You also say the computers and stronger sparks
(for
> spark-ignition) are kinder to the engines, but newer engines run
> hotter than the old-fangled ones of 25 years ago or so did. "As
> demands of fuel economy and federal emission standards began to
> affect auto manufacturers, they had to make smaller, harder-working
> engines that operated at higher temperatures than the older
engines,
> especially with the introduction of catalytic-converter systems in
> the mid-1970s. Subsequently, motor oil sometimes flashed in the
> crankcases of vehicles, and in the early 1980s, an anti-flashing
> agent was added to motor oils for safety reasons. This raised the
> oil's combustion temperature significantly." (Not from the Motor
Oil

http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511