todd, it's clear you're missing the point; what's not clear is why.

Appal Energy wrote:

> Last thing I need Ernest? It's some "rocket scientist" telling me what I
> have to say in order to placate/please him or her,

    i can't speak for Bryan, but i'm certainly not professing to be any Rocket
Scientist.    ;-)   (let's hope you don't have an issue with emoticons, too!
next thing we know, it's going to be contractions!)
    Bryans message (as i took it) wasn't about the content or anyone telling you
"what you have to say"; it was to point out that you're going to have a better
chance of reaching people if you don't use such a caustic manner.

> much less the nettiquette
> police posting their message in acronym shorthand rather than the Queen's
> english.

    no police here, and i answer to no Queen...

> Don't care for the remarks? Don't read 'em.

    a ridiculous stance, of course, since no-one could know that they don't like
something without reading it,... and demonstrates the point that if people don't
like the form you're presenting in, they're not going to get the benefit of the
message you're trying to share if they ignore the rest of what you have to share
based on not liking the form of an earlier message of yours.

> It gets extremely wasteful and repetetive fighting the same disinformation
> battles over, and over, and over, and over, and over again, and again, and
> again, and again...., all the while listening to the same old false
> arguments by the same people who profess to be environmentally inclined and
> supposedly serving the best interests of others.

    unfortunately, telling one persons something doesn't always get the message
across to them, (as is being evidenced here) and certainly doesn't educate
everyone; there are new people that could coming into the discussion that could
benefit from what's being shared if they didn't get turned off by having the
information presented in a foul manner. nobody's asking you to shut up, rather,
what's being suggested is in the hopes that you may be able to reach more
people. of course, if you're only intent on spouting off about how stupid
everyone else is, there's probably no hope.

> Horse manure. Try selfish, constipated, technocrats and ingrained
> bureaucrats more interested in creating roadblocks than in implementing
> solutions.

    turning off people who could potential become advocates because of poor form
isn't going to help win any of those battles.

> Those who can't talk, and talk, and talk, and talk, and talk some more.
> Those who can do.

    that, of course, doesn't excuse poor form on the part of those who profess
to 'do'.

    here's hoping you have a better day!

cheers!

[much snippage]