Hi Biobenz,
Just wondering if you got my email?

If not, Here it is...

Saw your post regarding the Sean Park's Stand Pipe design.  I too was going
with this design, but decided against it.

1st reason if those bung NPT caps loosen, you just lost your batch and you
have a big mess to clean!.  I deliver 55 gallon drums every week, and the
caps are always loose or stripped!  My feeling is if you remove the tops
often, I think it is a matter of time before the threads get stripped or you
need to replace the gasket, cap or drum!  Perhaps use a sealer on the
threads as backup?

2nd reason is I would have to work underneath the drum or make some type of
stand that has a void, so the valve wouldn't get crushed and be able to have
access if needed.  The stand could have worked okay, but it was another
"thing" to make.

Anyway, attached is a design  http://members.tripod.com/ctauto/washtank.htm
I put together using a 35 gallon drum, two 1/2" bulkhead ($9ea.), with  1/2"
ball valves ($4.99ea.) and varies plumbing, including an inline 40 micron
screen filter ($9.95)  (Vendor also has 20 & 60 micron filter).  I can't
post pictures to the Yahoo group, so I sent you this email direct....take a
look.

Also, to save on cost regarding drums, visit your local car wash.  Their
always trying to get rid of used drums.  Sometimes they'll charge $5 per
drum.  Sometimes I'll drive by a car wash and empty drums are out by their
dumpster.  I just stop by after closing and put one in my back seat!

I'm still working on my processor and just doing small production  (15 liter
batches), so far, I've made 28 liters and have filtered biodiesel before
running it using coffee filters!  I gave up the coffee filters on the first
try, as it was way to time consuming!

Currently,  I used a funnel, with poly tubing and an inline Fram fuel filter
(the pressure of the biodiesel coming down the funnel, in the tubing, helps
"push diesel through" the filter)  to do my last filter before it goes into
the tank.  This works well enough for now, until my future processor is
built with complete inline filtration. Who knows when this will be
completed, but for now, I have my wash tanks  (I made a total of two wash
tanks)

Thank you,
Kevin Shea