Hi Eva,

We are planning to have a bio-diesel plant in Malaysia and thinking of making
our product cheaper cos' we are a third world country with amble supply of
crude palm oil. We are currently studying various proposal using our feedstock
as crude palm oil.

Interested to assist as to make this commercially viable for the green engine.

Thank you.

JP

,

Eva Pierce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: You bring up a good point. It's hard to
find "green" business people, since
there's a lot more money to be made elsewhere. I totally encourage your
efforts Tomas. My 2 cents on your question: maybe you could contact other
schools that use biodiesel in their fleets and see what they've done. I know
they are out there but not sure which ones they are.

As for biodiesel business, I have noticed in the past few weeks that:
- there are a LOT of homebrewers and co-ops (yay!)
- there are NOT a lot of commercial biodiesel suppliers or retail biodiesel
stations. Even though in my (very non-MBA) head it seems like a pretty
simple and straightforward thing to do commercially (except maybe the
government hoops - ASTM standards and all that).

I think co-ops and homebrews have their place but a biodiesel station
franchise, for example, that uses its profits to add more biodiesel
stations, sounds like a fantastic way to leverage capitalism to undermine
our dependence on foreign oil. What are the roadblocks preventing biodiesel
business from taking off? Lack of "green" MBAs? OPEC politics? Expensive
required EPA testing (I don't understand this issue at all)? Not enough
waste veg. oil to meet demand? Not enough diesel passenger cars out there?
Seems like if biodiesel were easily available along major commutes in major
cities, ordinary folks would gladly pay less per gallon for biodiesel and
feel good about themselves for saving the environment and preventing future
wars to boot.

I'll tell ya, I was born an engineer and the acronym "MBA" always made my
stomach turn, but I'd get an MBA in a heartbeat if I knew I could use it to
start a biodiesel business from which I could make a decent living.