On Wed, 12 May 2004 17:26:29 +0900, you wrote:

>Steve Spence seems to have solved his problems. - Keith

Yes, that seemed sudden, although I don't think we've heard the last
of those problems if they involved job loss and medical issues.  Not
to minimize the sort of odd pendulum swing you seem to point out,
going from catastrophe to seeming end-of-problems, just to say I don't
think they look done.

I'll repost here what I posted in his group when I donated, as it also
slightly relates to here:

>By the way, I'm going to donate a small amount of money to your cause (i.e.
>appropriate to my own means and income) and the reason, aside from general good
>will which is also certainly a factor, is similar to the one I used in donating
>money to Keith's page:
>
>I've been making free unpaid use of the service you've been providing, it's
>been
>a very valuable service to me and I appreciate it.  No one asks for any money
>for these valuable discussion areas, and the system isn't really in place, in
>our society, for money to flow to such areas as businesses, but I won't "stand
>on ceremony" waiting for internet business models to catch up with that, and so
>part of the reason I'm sending money aside from general good will is just
>payment for a good service rendered.

-----------------
Totally off-topic, but I want to add that a relative recently went
through a home purchase and an escrow closing and the closing took 23
days longer than scheduled.  One of the ways in which this was a
nightmare is that he had put his home-business on hold until he could
finish the move.  So, his income levels were interrupted at an
important time of financial upheaval.

I think there are a lot of people with stories like this to tell,
about when they move and the issues that come up in that process.  I
don't have a sense of whether this problem has a different flavor in
the U.S.