Long-term readers will recall that Windward's biofuel work is
focused on converting waste wood into methanol. One of the critical steps
on that journey involves the need to convert forest cullings into a
standardized feedstock.

         Late last fall we purchased a PTO mounted chipper for $1950 from

Tractors-Etc
83969 N Pacific Hwy
Creswell OR 97426
Telephone: 541-895-2550, Fax: 541-895-2756
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

         Here's a url for the importer
http://www.chinadepot.com/woodchip.html

         By the time we got it home and assembled, we barely got to chip
anything before snow settled in for the winter. Fast-forwarding five
months, a spring windstorm brought down a dead pine, and in the process of
cleaning that up we finally got a chance to try out the chipper generating
three 55 gallon drums of chips.

http://www.windward.org/notes/notes64/wdchip02.jpg

         We've still haven't gotten the feed mechanism adjusted right yet,
but we're learning as we go and at this point I'm confident that it's going
to do good work for us.

         Here's a picture of the chips we're getting.

http://www.windward.org/notes/notes64/wdchip01.jpg

         The upshot is that we're very happy with this piece of gear.

Walt
http://www.windward.org/