Hello Jean Paul

>to whom it may concern,
>
>I am a Maltese chap and diesel here is very expensive, and i thought
>of an environmental free alternative fuel
>and bio-diesel seemed the answer.
>
>but the METHANOL in malta is a bit expensive can someone please tell
>me if there are any other alternatives..

You can also use ethanol, there are details here:
Ethyl esters -- making ethanol biodiesel
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make2.html#ethylester

But this is not for novices - for instance, it says there:

"Making ethyl-esters biodiesel using ethanol is a tricky process, not
as simple as making methyl esters with methanol."

"Get plenty of experience making biodiesel with methanol before you
try it with ethanol. Get comfortable titrating your oil for FFAs
(free fatty acids); you'll need to do that when you use ethanol."

Etc. If you try it without gaining some (or a lot) of experience
first, you'll fail. So, start at the beginning, which is here:
"Where do I start?"
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make.html#start

>Can anyone send me the pdf file of joshua tickells book from the
>fryer to the tank please at

Joshua's book is copyrighted and is not to be distributed free over
the Internet. Please, anyone who may have a pdf copy of it, DON'T
send it to Jean Paul, or anyone. If you want the book you'll have to
buy it.

That said, Joshua's book has been severely criticised. You'll find
some of  criticisms here:
http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/BIOFUEL/31729/

"Don't take any notice of that book, it'll only lead you astray.
Follow the information at Journey to Forever."

... Which starts at the where-to-start link I gave you above. Read
the whole thing. There's a lot more information at the Journey to
Forever biodiesel section, and in the online Biofuels library there,
everything you need to know. (And it's free.) Another great resource
is the archives of this list. It's a treasure house of information on
all aspects of biofuels, especially biodiesel - it contains 34,000
messages over the last for years, many of them from leaders in the
field worldwide. It's an independent archives, not Yahoo's, provided
and  maintained by list member Martin Klingensmith, with powerful,
fast and efficient searching, and no ads.

Best wishes

Keith