I posted this a while ago at veggieavenger but I don't think I announced it
here (I apologise for double posting if I did).

a link to the how-to-
http://www.veggieavenger.com/avengerboard/viewtopic.php?t=403

  It's a photo how-to on mixing up methoxide using the passive carboy
methoxide mixer method. That technique is called 'methoxide the easy way'
on Journeytoforever and it's a good start for small systems (ie reactor
tanks under 50 or 60 gallons). I think that the "biodieselgear" readymade
reactor also used something like this for a methoxide mixer.

  I added to the 'methoxide the easy way'  technique when I found that it
is possible to add threaded plumbing to the lids of carboys- it makes the
whole process very hands-off and eliminates contact with methanol,
especially if the local methanol distributor is willing to pump directly
into carboys (ERC in San Lorenzo in the Bay Area will do this).

mark