On Thu, 03 Jun 2004 08:19:58 +0200, you wrote:

>Matt,
>
>Please,
>
>At 01:49 03/06/2004, you wrote:
>>I am glad to hear that you are not full of hate (you could not be all bad...
>>you are into biodiesel!).
>
>My thing is http://energysavingnow.com/  and why I got caught in biofuels,
>was very much by admiration of what Keith is doing to actively help the
>developing countries, in many more ways than getting Americans to make
>biodiesel. I have gone through a couple of test batches, just to see if it
>was that simple and because I like to know what people are talking about.
>Made it simple for me, with SVO and by following instructions exactly, so I
>still do not have had the problems that many seems to get. This leaves me
>with a feeling that I do not know enough anyway, other than it is workable
>and viable, which was what I wanted to know in the first place.

This about where I am (but still ahead of me).  Sometimes I take a class or try
an activity to verify what I want to take away from it.  My guess is that, in
the unlikely event I were to soon have enough money for a car, I might try one
that is already pre-outfitted by a qualified outfit to run on SVO.  This just
might be the right solution for me, at that time.  I could also purchase
biodiesel at this or that station.

But this is not to say that I think making ones own fuel is not very interesting
or a desireable activity.  Just something that I don't want to do right now, in
part out of respect for some of the difficulties that I think would come up.