And should you have other questions related to Mercedes Benz and
help with troubleshooting mechanical problems there is a very
helpful forum for that here:
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/default.asp here are also trained MB
mechyanics that offer up advice in the section on the W123 frame,
which is what your 300D is (mostly). Join the group and avail
yourself of it's many resources... just for your baby :)

Luc

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, arthur sauerhaft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Steve,
> My "85 300 td shutoff is controlled by the vacuum system, I'd bet
yours
> is too. There is a red metal flap labeled "stop"I believe near the
head
> on the fuel pump side just push it.. Good luck.
> -Arthur
>

> Steven Pfaff wrote:
>
> >I have an '83 Benz 300D.  Five cylinder IDI.  IT WON'T SHUT
OFF!!!  Help me please, I have been reading the wiring diagram in my
Haynes manual but I can't find whatever it is that shut off the fuel
supply.  I figure I have a solinoid or relay that's stuck in the on
position but I can't find anything.  Sorry to post on this board but
I know there are a few Benz guys in here.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.