  From: Heidi Wordhouse-Dykema [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 1:36 AM
  To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
  Subject: Re: [biofuel] f-250 pu

  At 08:25 PM 6/7/2004 +0000, you wrote:
  >I have a 97 7.3 Ford F-250 diesel.Can anybody tell me pros&cons of
  >changing over?also would like to know to what,biofuel,svo,wvo or
  >whatever els their is.thank you.

  Hiya,
  I have a '97, 7.3 F250 as well.  I've been running it on Bd for about a
  year now with no problems.  The only rubber components in the fuel line
are
  the hoses to/from the fuel pump (short little things) an o-ring on the
fuel
  pump itself and a large o-ring (gasket?) that seals the fuel filter cap
  when it's threaded down tight.  My hoses went bad (before using bd) so I
  just asked the mechanic to replace them with viton.  My O-rings are still
  rubber and haven't had a problem at all so far (a year running on them as
  well).  I believe that if your bd is good quality, there isn't any problem
  with rubber degradation other than you'd find normally.  (anecdotal
evidence)

  I've been twiddling with the thought of running one tank on wvo and the
  other on bd, so am glad you asked about wvo in '97 F250's.  I've heard
that
  it's workable, but haven't any experience with it.  Anyone out there who
has?
  HeidiWD

  "To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that
  we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only
  unpatriotic and servile, but also treasonable to the American public."
  - Theodore Roosevelt, 1918

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor