Was trying to read "down thread" messages inreply to a question
about "glycerine-methanol" seperation and yahoo wouldn't show them to
me...

Anyway, the extraction of methanol from "glycerine" (or glycerine
soap)
is basically the same process as seperating ethanol from water.

I'd look carefully into purifying the glycerine first and expecting
the methanol to come with it as it seems that you'd create other
issues by heating your byproducts to the temperatures necissary to
seperate methanol from the glyvcerine.

Thus the mention of a vacuum distillation apparatus...
(this already sounds like more trouble than it's worth
considering the cost of methanol)

Might I mention that the soap/glycerine/methanol byproducts will
burn in a waste oil stove? Or that they can simply be composted?

I may be new here, but aside from the potential of developing a
pathalogical desire for a "perfect no-waste system" (impossible
anyway IMO) is it possible that you could RUN past the "diminishing
returns" point?

AllanD