Hello Keith,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Keith Addison" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <biofuel@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 19, 2004 10:02 AM
Subject: [biofuel] PLEASE READ - MODERATOR'S MESSAGE

> Dear all
>
> My apologies for this ghastly flood of old messages we've all been
> subjected to in the last 24 hours.

> This was a attack on the list by a hacker, highly malicious and
> extremely childish. I hope to be able to tell you more about it soon.

I am sure, with your extremely well honed skills in tracking down the truth,
you will be able to tear the virtual veil down soon. Wish you all the best.

> For now, the culprit has, I think, been dealt with and hopefully it
> should be over.

> There were 800 false messages sent altogether in 24 hours. I managed
> to stop 500 of them, but there was nothing I could do about the rest,
> I'm very sorry to say. They were all previous messages from bona-fide
> list members sent again with the current date.

It is easy to identify the repeat messages - they show the actual e-mail
address of the sender instead of the list id. This way I have manged to
delete the repeats.

<snip>

> What has surprised me is that more list members haven't unsubscribed,
> faced with this onslaught. Few if any seem to have done so. Thankyou
> so much for your patience and tolerance. A nice demonstration of just
> what a tiny minority among sane and decent people the sociopathic
> element is, even on the Internet.

Unsubscribe? From the biofuels List? Where I keep learning new things every
day ?  Catch me dead, man!

> Best wishes
>
> Keith Addison
> Journey to Forever