i was sent this e-mail by aDC environmental group.  Ross
WASHINGTON, DC CLEAN-FUEL BUSES
Last week we asked those of you living in Washington, DC to support
Metro's
clean natural gas bus program. Although you sent more than 150 messages
Mayor Williams and his environmental advisor urging them to help ensure
the
purchase of 200 new natural gas buses and construction of a new natural
gas
fueling station in Rockville, Maryland, on June 17th the Metro board
voted
instead to buy 117 more dirty diesel buses and 100 experimental
diesel-electric
hybrids, and to put the clean bus program on hold. The good news is that
the
new buses are included in the fiscal year 2006 budget, giving us some
time to
pressure the board to reverse its decision before any new buses are
actually
purchased. Thanks to those Washingtonians who took action; we'll let you
know
when we need you to weigh in again on this issue.

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president,
or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is
not only unpatriotic and servile, but also treasonable to
the American public."       - Theodore Roosevelt, 1918

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!