Jet fuel will work fine in a normal diesel.  Jet A has a lower
energy content than D2 so you mileage will go down some but if it is
free what is the big deal.  It also has a lower lubrication quality
(not sure what the right term for this is) so mixing with BD would
be good.  The military currently runs Jet fuel in most of there
diesel trucks and ships.  It is easier logistically to just have one
fuel that takes care of everything instead of having to supply many
different fuels for the fleet.
Gary

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "nick_75au" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>    Just a thought, make sure it is aviation turbine fuel (avtur)
not
> avgas, avgas is aviation 110 octane petrol (dont want to state the
> obvious but :-)) turbine fuel generaly is diesel/kerosine with a
very
> low cloud point, I dont know about the lubricating properties, if
it
> is low then biodiesel woud be good to add those properties I
guess.
> P.S i didnt know jet fuel was plant based biofuel LOL :-)
> regards
> Nick
>
> --- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, "Greg  Harbican"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>