Keith, you should know that you are never a "sucker" for putting
something out that can help someone else, even though there is no
commercial profit in it for you.
Only those whose life is centered around profit see others who help
people for selfless gain as "suckers' and needless to say these same
profit people are usually deprived of any true value themselves
being too enamoured of the currency du jour to stoop to helping
another.
When the crash happended in the 30's all that cash wasn't worth spit
in hell but those who were'nt all that attached to it used it to
light fires that could heat and cook for people in need. Depends
where a person's sense of priorities are at.
On that other part, about buying ready made. Ain't that like
settling for instant coffee when a little time invested and you
could have organically grown, equitable coffee beans that you could
make yourself into some of the best coffee you have ever had, or
maybe good coffee (fuel) isn't that important, in which case buy a
FuelMiester and settle for much much less than the best.
There is something very validating in making your own first test
batches and having them come out well, and it is also extrememly
validating to think, pray (if you do that), and ponder the ins and
outs of building your own personalised reactor and wash system.
It takes time, it takes not being afraid to fail or be set back, it
takes dedication to the end result, and it takes the drive to get
there without anyone's support if need be, although the people here
are VERY helpful and straight about what works and what doesn't.
Please indulge me in a comparison. Those who have been following
Tickell's book's method have to be unlearned of bad habits that the
uninitiated don't have as a hang up, and the comparison is something
that my Bible teacher told us; "it is easier to teach someone who
knows nothing about the Bible than to take a person who's mind and
heart have been poluted by church doctrines and try to do something
with them". Simply put, if you learn it right the first time you
won't have to go back later and unlearn the bad stuuf and then learn
it right. The process of doing right the first time is much less
time consuming and much less frustrating.
Take a year, if that is what time you have, and make your own
processor and wash system, you won't regret it. Questions about what
is what ? Check the archives and if you still can't find it come
here and post. Someone will know the answer.

Thanks for your indulgeance.

L.

--- In biofuel@yahoogroups.com, Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello Mac
>
> >Hey guys:
> >I wish I can buy a 10+/- gallons processor made using the journey
> >toforever directions, you know using scrap metal jar or someting
like
> >that, if some one spend 50 dollars to make one he/she can sell it
for
> >150 dollars to make some profit.
> >I there is one I like to buy it.
>
> Would you? For $150? Well, I don't know... You don't have much
time?
> If we at Journey to Forever can spare the time (we can't, really)
> develop something good and useful like this that meets a need and
> works well, and make it freely available on the Web for anybody,
> you'd rather reward someone who took advantage of that for their
own
> commercial gain?
>
> We get ripped off all the time like this (though not with the
> 20-litre processor, yet), but we go on doing it anyway. Why?
Because
> we're such nice guys/suckers? Maybe the biodiesel itself might not
be
> as important as the fact that you can make it yourself. You can
see
> people here saying that - their first batch, and they're thrilled
> bits. If they can actually make their own fuel, and it's BETTER,
then
> what else might they be capable of? That's the point, we reckon -
> it's a revolution, not just a shop. Same applies to processors,
and
> to a lot of things.
>
> On the other hand, you said three days ago that you want to build
> Mother Earth News waste oil heater, also from Journey to Forever,
and
> that's a lot less simple than a 20-litre bucket and will take you
> much more time. And you want to buy Joshua Tickell's long outdated
> book, "From the Fryer to the Fuel Tank", which wasn't much good in
> the first place, with fresher and better information right here
and
> at Journey to Forever. Why not just do it? Please read this
previous
> message to the list about "From the Fryer to the Fuel Tank":
> http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/BIOFUEL/31729/
>
> >The cheapest one I found was over 25,000 the is too much, if you
have
> >a vw Beatle, you don't need more than 30 gallons a week.
>
> You drive too much. Anyway, maybe I can forestall you a bit and
save
> you a bit of time, so you don't come and tell us that, hey, you've
> found the answer and it's called a FuelMeister, and it's even
> endorsed by Joshua Tickell. NOT!!! Do a search for "FuelMeister"
here:
> http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/
>
> I'll save you the trouble - read this:
> http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/BIOFUEL/35580/
>
> Check the other archives links in that message too. It'll give you
> good idea of why many people here say it's a much better idea to
> build your own processor. Even apart from this:
>
> "As for Rudi's junk [the FuelMeister], instead of improving the
thing
> so it might get within spitting distance of doing even a half-
assed
> job, he's now supplying add-ons instead, at a 400% markup, so it
now
> costs $4,300 with an extra tank and a heater, which should be
> standard, not extra. You could make an excellent processor plus
more
> than 8,000 gallons of high-quality biodiesel for that price."
>
> >I wish this will encourage some one!!!!
>
> I hope not.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Keith Addison
> Journey to Forever
> KYOTO Pref., Japan
> http://journeytoforever.org/
>

> >I don't have much time to get all the material to make one, and
I'm