After much online speculation about "Acusorb beads" and the overblown
advertising they were hawked with, I finally met someone who bought the
package- and it didn't work at all. Acusorb was the company that claimed
that you only need to run oil through their magic beads and it'll turn into
something resembling biodiesel (my words). Here's what the unfortunate
buyers had to say:

In our experience, the beads do NOT work. We are trying to resolve this
issue with the manufacturer after getting the run around for 7 weeks with
the distributor (Survival Unlimited). We just yesterday received an email
address for the manufacturer and are pursuing them now so will post any
additional results regarding our problem here.
I was attempting to get the water out of some WVO with their system to run
my oil hot water heater on it (Meredith wouldn't let me near the VW TDI).
Long story short we didn't have any hot water for a few days; the oil was
actually cloudier coming out of the beads than going in! So, looks like I'm
the big fool.
We threatened Survival Unlimited with bad publicity on multiple websites so
here we go ..... STAY AWAY FROM THE BEADS......the pumps work well but you
can find them cheaper elsewhere, same with the biopass filter.......STAY
AWAY FROM THE BEADS......!!! -Adlai & Meredith

Here is a link to a discussion in which these folks talk about what
happened and the lame excuse from the manufacturer:

http://www.forums.biodieselnow.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3243

Mark

*********
www.LocalB100.com

www.veggieavenger.com/media                      - open-design homebrew
biodiesel equipment plans

biodiesel small business discussion forum

Yahoo biodiesel list