Mark

You're not a newcomer to Internet forums, and I'm sure you know that
it's very bad Netiquette to post messages to one forum promoting
another. That's generally accepted as a no-no and the online
resources on Netiquette are quite clear about it. There are quite a
few lists where doing that will get you instantly banned. At the very
least you should ask first.

You've now done this here repeatedly. Of course it's okay to point to
a particular item at another forum if it's of relevance to a
discussion, but this is outright promotion, which is not okay at all.
Not only that, you've more or less demanded that I put the thing on
Journey to Forever. You'd already asked me that three times offlist
and didn't get a response. Quite obviously that WAS the response -
you think I didn't notice or something? Three times? I'm not exactly
famous for not noticing such things. So you bring it onlist?

>Keith, please add to my Appleseed article that you have posted on
>journeytoforever, the link to the original material that it's derived from:
>www.veggieavenger.com/media or at least a link to the Appleseed thread on
>veggieavenger.com/media . I'm planning on cleaning up that thread pretty
>soon here so it'll be more legible.

Anyway, it didn't come from veggieavenger.com, it came from a piece
you wrote for Homepower, or so you said at the time. And also from
your 'zine. Whatever, I've my own good reasons for not doing so and
I'm not about to defend them to you, nor to anybody. You certainly
shouldn't have raised it here.

As for your pushing people to post info and pics about their
processors there, and all this stuff about "Open Source homebrew
equipment" and so on, the Biofuel list and Journey to Forever have
been doing that for a long time, rather adequately, and I see
absolutely no need or benefit in taking it somewhere else. Let it
happen as it will, naturally and of its own accord, no problem - but
stop touting for it.

Previous from me, onlist, to you:

>That said, we've been at least as much as anyone else at the
>forefront of open-source technology development and its basic
>philosophy of sharing - it's exactly why we started the Biofuel list
>in the first place four and half years ago. We constantly
>acknowledge it and we're kind of tireless in promoting it, one
>reason for that being that it works so well.

The very term "open source" in connection with biofuels technology
was first mentioned here.

But we've discussed all this before, haven't we?

Keith Addison
Journey to Forever
http://journeytoforever.org/
Biofuel list owner