> 1)    The alcohol and water would for the most part
> evaporate, cooling and
> densifying  the air.  Depending on the conditions,
> it would do so more
> effectively than a intercooler.
>
> 2)    What alcohol does not evaporate, would enter
> the cylinders (
> combustion chamber ), and the alcohol would provide
> a slight increase in O2
> availability.

I'm not sure if you meant it this way or not, but even
the alcohol that DID evaporate would enter the
cylinders, just in a gaseous form. There's nowhere
else for it to go. Same goes for the water. Whatever
you inject into the closed system of the intake system
is going to go through the cylinders as long as the
engine is running. Don't mean to be nit picky, and I'm
not sure that you didn't mean exactly that, but it
didn't sound like it to me.

more below

> 3)    What water does not evaporate, would enter the
> cylinders ( combustion
> chamber ), and turn to steam providing more
> expansion than air alone.    In
> theory, you could even lean out the fuel a little
> and see a small increase
> in mileage, or don't lean it out and see an slight
> increase in over all
> power. Do it just right, and you might get a little
> of both.
>
> In theory, water/alcohol injection could provide a
> over 100% efficiency,

Do you have any sources for the theory behind this
100% efficiency gain? Yes, I've seen the theory come
up in discussions different times on this list, but
never a very satisfactory proof of this much
performance. Either that or I've just missed it. And I
just spent a while searching the archives without
finding much of anything very definitive. (Part of the
problem is that searching for 'alcohol injection
diesel' returned 1000 messages, which is probably the
limit. I didn't want to look through everything.)

Thank you,
Erik