> Thank you for posting that link. I enjoyed reading it.
> But I disagree with your conclusions. As nice as a new
> diesel is I am still going to keep my 23 year old audi
> diesel. Once you consider that I only have about $500
> into it not counting fuel or oil changes and that it
> gets 50 mpg I don't see how the new ones are any
> better.
In jest:
Erik, it may be an exciting challenge to drive a 'classic' European diesel
car, but when someone is stuck behind one smelling the exhaust, driving
10-15 mph below the traffic speed or having to slow down (and swerve)
because the 'classic' junker broke down on the edge of the road...I beg to
differ.

Do what many so-called middleclass Americans do nowadays...buy a 3-4 yr
old auto and you get the best of both worlds-> reasonable price with the
newer technology.

Ron B.