----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, September 24, 2004 1:13 PM
Subject: RE: [Biofuel] Why We Cannot Win

> Hi; As a Canadian I have watched the Iraq situation with concern and
apprehension. Like most Canadians I feel strongly connected to U.S.A.;

Funny I don't feel that way, and now even more so than ever.

>I have always loved and respected their love of capitalism and democracy.

They actually have a great hubris and love of money, not the same.

>It is very sad that so many Amercians and innocent Iraq citizens are being
killed or seriously wounded especially when the deaths could of/can be
avoided.

It is the duty of every soldier to refuse to obey illegal orders, and since
the whole invasion is illegal they have a legal and moral duty to disobey
and get out.

>What is far more disturbing is the loss of freedom and individual rights
within the USA--a loss that can easily spread across to Canada and beyond.

Too late,already done.

>To any intelligent observer the best course of action, post 9/11, would of
been the launch of a co-ordinated international police action NOT an
unnecessary, illegal, and unjust war--a never ending one.

As soon as the democratic process of a general vote at the Un was obviously
NOT going to be in favour of war, the US walked out and invaded.

>America would of been completely supported in such an action, would of been
accepted as leaders in the action, and all of the world would of been
significantly safer with such an action. I know that there are many
Americans who share my concerns. I know that it is a significant act of
bravery for an American to actual voice their opposition to the Iraq war--I
encourage and salute such bravery. I pray that America will return to her
previous role as a moderate, intelligent, and benign world leader ( one with
flaws but always willing to debate and change their actions).

America has never ever done anything sacrificially. It's hubris makes it
think so, but the hard facts are that whenever the USA has "helped" anyone
it has ALWAYS been with a whole whack of strings attached.

Luc

> Alex ---

 Biofuel mailing
[EMAIL PROTECTED]://wwia.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/biofuelBiofuel at
Journey to Forever:http://journeytoforever.org/biofuel.htmlBiofuel archives
at Infoarchive.net (searchable):http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/