----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, September 27, 2004 6:21 PM
Subject: [Biofuel] (no subject)

> As a new reader of the list and new to the biofuel concept, are there any
specific things I need to be aware of in looking at a car to run the
biodiesel?

Do yourself a favour, locate a older Mercedes; 1980's 240D or 300D (turbo)
and upgrade it. Or, if you have the bucks try out the 1995 E300D Mercedes,
reputed to be one of the better engines for BD along with the other
aforementined.
My 240D (1983) runs like new on B100. It just loves the stuff and I am more
than happy to give it a steady diet :)

Luc

> The only current production diesel available in the states, that I have
found is the one by VW that is used in the Jetta and the Golf. Are there
others?  I do not have a problem with buying older models either.  Any
particular make or model that seems to have the least amount of issues using
the biodiesel?  I am new to diesels as well.

> I will start reading the archives, but I would like to get some of these
answers to start me looking in the right direction for a car.