MH,

Very interesting and it looks like US independent states silently and gradually are moving towards biofuels, in the midst of all the hype about hydrogen. Good for them!

Hakan

At 11:01 AM 9/29/2004, you wrote:
> Steve Spence wrote:
> Minnesota is not the only state that mandates ethanol in gasoline.
> NY is at 10% currently. It's my understanding California is as well.

 Interesting, I was reading --

 Hawaii Approves Ethanol Use Mandate
 Honolulu, Hawaii
 September 28, 2004
 [SolarAccess.com]
 http://www.solaraccess.com/news/story?storyid=7622
    "Ethanol-blended fuels are widely used in the United States and are
 approved for use by all automakers. It is estimated that 30 percent
 of all gasoline used in the United States this year will be blended
 with ethanol. In many areas of California, Connecticut, New York,
 Minnesota, and other states, a significant portion of the
 gasoline contains ethanol.
    "Hawaii is now the second state, along with Minnesota, to require
 10 percent ethanol-blended gasoline, said Bob Dinneen, President
 of the Renewable Fuels Association (RFA)"   [more]