Gregg, I have a question to ask you about your FFV T&C minivan.  I have read
that these are designed to run any blend of gasoline and ethanol, up to 85%
ethanol.  Why are you running biodiesel and not ethanol?  Personal preference?
Ethanol not available in your area?  Just curious, that's all.  Thanks.
Jonathan.

Gregg Davidson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Hi Keith,

Glad I could be of help to folks that have questions. I haven't had much time
to make any more BD than the 5 or 6 gallons I made recently. I added about 2.2
gallons (a bit over 10%) to the fuel in my Chrysler T&C mini van earlier this
month. The 3.3 L V-6 Flex Fuel engine seemed to like the that. Since the Jeeps
are fairly new, I only add about .5 gallons to their fuel, while adding 10% to
the fuel of my lawn tractors. As soon as I have the chance to make more BD,
I'll use it more frequently in the vehicles.

Respectfully,
Gregg

Keith Addison wrote:
Hi Gregg

Thanks for this, that takes it all forward a whole lot.

Unfortunately, Franklin's email account has been non-functional for a
while. I hope he'll rejoin us and give us further news of his work
with biodiesel, in both 2-strokes and gasoline engines.

>Hello Al,
>
>I'm the one that posted a while back about mixing a percentage of
>BD, about 10 - 15%, with my gas & using it in my lawnmower, as well
>as my mini van & Jeeps. It was sucessful. So far, I add BD to my gas
>frequently. This cleans the build-up out. I noticed my mileage drops
>a bit, but when I fill up with 100% gasoline, I get better mileage &
>power. To this day, I have not had any sort of engine problems.

Do you have more detail on the frequency you've used BD?

>I recall seeing something in the archives at Journey To Forever,

Not at Journey to Forever.

>but since things have been moved to a new server, they might be here.

The list has been using the excellent Infoarchive provided by list
member Martin Klingensmith for the last two years, as Yahoo's archive
became ever more useless. That hasn't changed - all list messages
from the start of the list are filed at the Infoarchive, and
constantly updated. It has powerful and fast search functions.

The link is at the end of every message you receive:

>Biofuel archives at Infoarchive.net (searchable):
>http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/

Now that we've dumped Yahoo we also have a new archive, where
messages are stored by the week, also constantly updated, and
viewable by Thread, Subject, Author or Date, but it's not searchable,
and it starts from when the list moved on 9 September.

This achives is linked at the top of every message you receive:

>I'm sure Keith can tell you if you contact him.

I did, onlist, but I shouldn't have to. It's even in the List rules -
more guidance than rules, though there are rules too:

"The archives contains more than 38,000 messages over nearly five
years. The question you want to ask or the topic you're interested in
has probably already been covered. That's no reason not to ask it
again, but if you know what's gone before you'll ask a better
question and get better answers."

Everyone's been referred to that at least once. List members should
know how to use the archives and do it as a matter of course. The
Rules are here:

http://wwia.org/pipermail/biofuel/Week-of-Mon-20040906/000005.html

For instance, so far, apart from news items, very little that's been
said in the current discussion on Bush, Kerry, Iraq, Afghanistan,
Israel etc, hasn't already been discussed, affirmed, confirmed,
substantiated, debunked, discredited, blown right out of the water,
probably several times. A look at the archives first would yield a
better, more constructive discussion, from which everybody benefits.
Otherwise it just goes round and round, to little avail, and with
much more risk of it degenerating into a flame war.

PLEASE, everybody, use the archives!

Best wishes

Keith