> Hey Keith,
>
> This is an interesting article. I've heard that DaimlerChrysler was going
> to introduce diesel engines in the Jeep Liberty, Grand Cherokee, & the
> Dodge Durango (or as I call it, the 'Derange-o") either in 2005 or 2006
> model year. I'm glad to know that my source was right on target. I
> probably have already seen the explaination somewhere, but why do the
> F.I.E. folks recommend only 5% BD. I haven't tried to make BD with soybean
> oil, just canola/corn/veggie & the "orange stuff" I got from the fish &
> chips shop. Oh well, maybe it will be where I can trade in the next year
> or so for a newer Jeep Grand Cherokee with a diesel engine. Pardon my
> ramblings, but I'm having dilusions of biodiesel at present.
Gregg,

It mentioned in the original post that Chrysler did not want to certify
the engines using B20 or higher, because of the often mentioned (on this
list too) fact that quality standards are lacking for the higher
concentration of biodiesel in the USA markets. Let's face it, the USA is
in its infancy for biodoesel use in mass quanities. But it will change.

Ron B.