just about every shade of opinion from it'll never run out to it ran out last week, which I suppose is not surprising.

The list has already discussed most of these same people's views quite a lot, as you might expect.

Aleklett:
http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/index.php?keywords=Aleklett&list=BIOFUEL

More on Aleklett:
http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/29031/1/
Oil depletion and Global warming

Simmons:
http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/index.php?keywords=Simmons&list=BIOFUEL

Campbell:
http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/index.php?keywords=%22Colin+Camp bell%22&list=BIOFUEL

Saudi Arabia - Ali Al-Naimi:
http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/index.php?keywords=Naimi&list=BIOFUEL
Bandar:
http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/index.php?keywords=bandar&list=BIOFUEL

And...

http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/15668/1
Hubbert's Peak

http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/BIOFUEL/24740/
A good article on ME oil supplies.

And so on. And on. There's tons more there.
http://infoarchive.net/sgroup/biofuel/

Sorry to rub it in, but (from yesterday):

I'm sure Keith can tell you if you contact him.

I did, onlist, but I shouldn't have to. It's even in the List rules - more guidance than rules, though there are rules too:

"The archives contains more than 38,000 messages over nearly five years. The question you want to ask or the topic you're interested in has probably already been covered. That's no reason not to ask it again, but if you know what's gone before you'll ask a better question and get better answers."

Everyone's been referred to that at least once. List members should know how to use the archives and do it as a matter of course. The Rules are here:

http://wwia.org/pipermail/biofuel/Week-of-Mon-20040906/000005.html

For instance, so far, apart from news items, very little that's been said in the current discussion on Bush, Kerry, Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel etc, hasn't already been discussed, affirmed, confirmed, substantiated, debunked, discredited, blown right out of the water, probably several times. A look at the archives first would yield a better, more constructive discussion, from which everybody benefits. Otherwise it just goes round and round, to little avail, and with much more risk of it degenerating into a flame war.

PLEASE, everybody, use the archives!

Best wishes

Keith

The URLs below may be of interest to you.

There is also a good paper, "The Peak and Decline of World Oil and Gas
Production" by K. Aleklett and C. J. Campbell, at

http://www.isv.uu.se/UHDSG/articles/OilpeakMineralsEnergy.doc

WORLD FUEL SUPPLIES

For a good review article on the world oil situation, see

"Oil depletion in the United States and the world"
by Seppo Korpela, at
http://rclsgi.eng.ohio-state.edu/~korpela/opmatalk.pdf

There are several good links from Seppo Korpela's website at
http://rclsgi.eng.ohio-state.edu/~korpela/oil.html

Jacob Lund Fisker's site is especially informative.

I have an article which overlaps, but covers some slightly
different ground including the role of markets, and U.S.
foreign policy, at
http://www.greenpartyreview.ca/OGN/1-1/article7.php

For a good article on the limits of markets in anticipating resource
shortages, see
http://www.energycrisis.co.uk/reynolds/MineralEconomy.htm

Douglas Woodard
Green Party of Ontario Energy Issue Advocate
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada