[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi All,

does the Carbon tax not level out playing field for renewable energy sources as
will push forwards development and grants for projects.

Here in Ireland we currently have to pay VAT @21% on all our plant (biomass and
pellet heating systems) which makes the fossil alternative look cheap by
comparison.

When we introduce carbon tax on use fossil we will make this technology more
attractive to all users and hence open both carbon sequestion to being viable
and economical way to generate income as well as diverting capital away from
fossil towards renewables.

In EU fines still going ahead if Kyoto targets not reached,
e.g. Ireland now 30% over target and facing Euro10bn fine.

dD