Todd,

Here is my answer:
I am not condemning the original implementation of hydro dams. Then again,
I never said I condemned the building of the dams 60-70 years ago in my
original post.

But, what we now know, makes it a different story. If you had read the
links posted below, you will have seen where->

1) Further implementation of hydro power 'takes away' from friendly
environmental renewable INVESTMENTS.

2) When someone (politician or lobbyist) includes HYDRO ELECTRIC power as
part of a clean, ECO FRIENDLY renewable resource PROMOTION, they are
adding flawed material to boost the numbers.

Now you might say, "We are not talking about clean, eco friendly renewable
resources. We are talking only about plain, vanilla renewables."
Hey, that may be your perogative....but not mine.

You can call burning wood logs in an inefficient fireplace as a wonderful
way to implement renewables...I don't, because it pollutes the air. The
same goes for Hydro dams...ask the Cree Nation.

Cheers,
Ron B.