your own.
At a rough production cost of .41-.42/liter (x3.78/USgal=$1.55-$1.59CDN converted at 28%= $1.21-$1.24USD/gal) Minus the labour that you provide yourself for free :) Also, this is basing on CDN costs for methanol (the biggest expense) and the US cost is lower than that, so what I have given is a worse case scenario for US producers, many have claimed less than that still. So, the least of all considerations for using biodiesel being financial, it is, as a by-product, also more economical than commercial BD or dino diesel. That notwithstanding that BD has many many other more important reasons to be used opposed to other form of energy that is readily available to the common person. If I, with absolutely NO background in carpentry,chemistry or hands-on tinkering, can produce a workable fully functional reactor/wash tank combo enclosed in a cabinet making top rated fuel then anyone with sufficient determination and dedication can do it. make your own, it is a VERY rewarding experience.

Luc

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mel Riser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2004 9:02 AM
Subject: RE: [Biofuel] Cost of biofuel

currently I am paying between 2.80 and 3.40 a gallon

mel

-----Original Message----- From: csc-propulsion [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Mon 10/11/2004 3:26 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Biofuel] Cost of biofuel

Hi there,

The cost of biofuel ( be it from coconut oil, palm oil, rapeseed, soybean, corn, sunflower, canola etc) including ethanol? Are there cost charts from various countries to peruse? At current oil price level can crop growers match with biofuel? Brazil went through that scenario with ethanol.

Cheers,

CS Chua