it, and the MB has a primary and secondary filter at the engine compartment. The primary is an in-line type and teh secondary a spin-on small can type. Neither seemed to be blocked, although I thought the secondary had blocked and changed it, but the stalling problem returned. The filter that had been in there was one that MB put in when I had it gicven the twice over before leaving for holidays but then the stalling and choking occured. Two new filters, same problem, ergo not the filters. However ther still remains the question of the sediment filter at the tank which would make all the sense in the world as sediment is essentially what we would be dealing with when speaking of the cleansing abilities of BD. I just wish I knew where the dangfanit thing was located. I suppose I am a little more mechanically inclined than Bush is moral (as a point of referrence)but not by much, which means that the dealer gets to pile up vacation cash at my expense, unfortunately. Nor do I have any sort of facilities that afford me the space to work on a car. The indoor garage is off-limits to such ventures :(
I shall find out today if they have started on it or not.
Luc
----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 8:31 PM
Subject: [Biofuel] Cleaning Action of Bio-Diesel

Hi Luc

I have 2 friends that have been running on bio for about 3 months now.
They have both converted their trucks to have a CAV fuel filter which
incorporates a glass bowl for examining sediments and this also has a
drain screw for emptying those sediments.

They have found that in the first 5000 km of driving that they needed to
examine and drain/replace their filters and sediments bowls at about 100
km intervals. However now the system has stabilized.  Most diesel
vehicles have a sediment filter and a final filter.  The sediment filter
is usually located near the tank and that would be the one blocking on
your MB.  The final filter is a final safety measure to catch any fine
particles that may have bypassed your sediment filter.  If your final
filter is blocked then particles may bypass it and then damage your
injector pump.  The fuel feed or return lines/pipes will never ever
block in your situation.  All the work can be done by an inexperienced
paerson ie anybody and you appear to be wasting your time and money
taking your MB to a dealer for "repairs". All that you needed to do is
clean both filter housings internally and replace both filter elements.
The primary sediment filter element may need to be replaced and/or
cleaned many times until your system is finally "clean".

What my friends also experience is small amounts of glycerine
sedimenting out of the bio-diesel in the sediment filter which they
visually spot and drain off.  They simply check their sediment bowl
visually every 500 km or so now.

regards,  Daniel

 14. B100 Cleaning action (Legal Eagle)
 15. RE: fuel additives (Erik Lane)