you can play in the big time, Ha!
http://journeytoforever.org/biodiesel_make.html Tells you how to do it and also how to get started. Start at the top in order to get the gist of the process before moving onto full sized batches. If you don't understand why right now, you will. Do not cut corners on good equipment either. Get a good electronic scale and method of meassuring PH ( I prefer an electronic PH meter). You will need other thigs also: 99%pure methanol, Naoh or KOH as a catalyst. Isopropyl alcohol ( I use 99% from a pharmacy but apparently the rubbing stuff at 70% works.) Anyway, you get the idea. There are other things you will need as part of the set-up costs. The reactor system you decide on should be fumeless (no escaping methoxide fumes during processing). There are examples at the link above. Another consideration is the size reactor and wash system that will serve your needs. Things to consider.

Luc

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yossi Rouch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 1:29 PM
Subject: [Biofuel] learning and connecting in the eco-fuels ind.

  Hiya.

  My name is Yossi and I live in Vancouver. I am interested in getting
  involved in the bio-deisel industry. My strengths and experience
  include, networking, marketing, organizing and Co-operating.
  Specifically, I am interested in helping to produce and distribute
  bio-diesel in Vancouver, BC and learning as much as I can about the
  process and business of it. Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks.

  Eventually, I hope to get funding for something like this or something
  related. I am currently involved with the Vancouver Re-newable Energy
  Co-op who are presently concentrated on Solar, but I think I would
  like to go more the eco-fuels route.

  I also have a vested interest in biodiesel. I have a big, very useful
  deisel van, Betsy, who is dying get some vegi oil into her. She
  already has two tanks with a switch, but I am not a mechanic so I need
  some help to complete the work and get her running clean and smelling
  like a chip truck. If anyone knows someone who can help me, I'd be
  grateful. Thanksh. I can also donate cargo service (ie picking up
  waste oil)

  Yossi. [EMAIL PROTECTED] 604 254 0009. 604 779 8807.

  Have a great day.

  Enjoy 25MB of inbox storage and 10MB per file attachment with [1]MSN
  Premium. Join now and get the first two months FREE*