To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2004 1:37 PM
Subject: Re: Re: Re: [Biofuel] Noble gesture by Bush

>Jefferson, now and again, was a very wise man. I believe George >Washington also echoed those sentiments about foreign entanglements. For those who would like a better summary than I can give of the "anti-Bush" logic, there is an Adobe Acrobat chapter online by George Soros (the billionaire) called "The Iraqi Quagmire." It is available for downloading at
http://www.georgesoros.com
The actual download is at: http://www.georgesoros.com/soros_chapter_four.pdf

I particularly like the part on page 58 about the (remember, this is chapter four, so it's not page 58 of the download). Anyway, it reflects the statement I made below about Bush "restating Kerry's logic." Bush took a chance relying on the WMD argument, hoping, I guess, that we would indeed find WMD in Iraq, or, more likely, if the invasion was a success, no one would care to question the logic. What he underestimated was the amount of resources it would take to mount an occupation.

About the pro-Israel (Zionist) lobby. A lot of born-again Christians in the U.S. support Bush, and also Israel, mistakingly thinking that, since Christianity was born in Judiasm, that they should therefore support Israel and some of them even look forward to the "Apocalypse." Page 53 of Soro's chapter four makes an interesting comment: "Since the apocalypse involves the destruction if Israel, Israel might be better off without friends like this."

There were Jews in Palestine long before Israel came about in 1948. They were scattered among the Arabs for centuries, and there were conflicts between different peoples for centuries. The Crusades came about because the Ottoman Empire (I think this is right) invaded Europe, and this was Europe's response. Also, Britain, in particular, was worried about Russia and used this Arab area as a sort of "buffer."

The Islamic religion was born from Judiasm and Christianity, even as Christianity was born from Judiasm. No one can change what has happened down through the centuries, and there have been a lot of wrongs on all sides. More hating and fighting isn't going to solve anything, but that is exactly human nature seems to be about.

The U.S. is caught in the middle, ostensibly because of its "lust" for oil. But what would these countries do if suddenly the U.S. found another source of energy and announced that it didn't really need to import the oil?

What if we dropped Israel altogether and left it to fend for itself?

Would these Islamic extremists be satisfied. Or would they still want to exterminate us?

What is their real agenda?