Actually we rarely get to 115, but it does happen. Then I spend my day spraying the hose on my livestock so they can survive.

Swamp coolers don't work well with high humidity. What I am doing is to keep the metal roof cool so heat does not build up and come inside, that is all.

Bright Blessings,
Kim

At 08:58 PM 10/20/2004, you wrote:
Hi Kim,

I'm fairly new to the list and have been lurking for a bit. The comment
about the air conditioner was just that at that time they had almost
not heard of air conditioners. I realize that Texas is HOT. I wouldn't
work at 115F, let alone my computer.

You mentioned you spray water on the roof for cooling. Does that work
using evaporation something like a swamp cooler? The best explanation
of how a swamp cooler works I have run across is at
http://www.consumerenergycenter.org/homeandwork/homes/inside/ heatandcool/evaporative_coolers.html . There is a chart on the page
showing how effective a swamp cooler is under different temperatures
and humidity. It may be helpful.

Mickey

Message: 12
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:11:21 -0500
From: Kim & Garth Travis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Trees and power companies
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I do have a wood stove for heat in the winter, and yes I do know how to
cook on it.  I am planning on building a wood bread oven for outdoor
baking
in the summer.  Ohio is not Texas, where the temperatures can hit over
115F, so AC is necessary, not just a luxury.  I only cool my place to
about
80F.  Any warmer and my computer refuses to work.
Bright Blessings,
Kim