of the unit be less than the prescribed space for that weight category the highest rate will apply. A truck's trailer can only handle so much weight and so it is configured so that either the weight or the space or both are calculated in the shipping rate. At 2,000 lbs it should not be much more than a single "skid" space, again depending on dimensions on the unit. If it goes over 48" by 48" then the rate would be higher. Check first with the carrier that will be handling it. Also if you have a block set up for removing car engines that would be more than enough to pick it up and lower it onto a platform on wheels of your making.Sometimes a wooden pallet with a piece of 1/2" plywood under it with casters will do. This pallet may already have the unit on it so all you would have to do is lift it and tap a few screws into the piece of plywood and lower it. This might be able to be done at the dock where the delivery will be (they usually have fork lifts there), then roll it onto the bed of the pick up or trailer and have ramps available to roll it off, with help obviously.2,000 lbs moves quickly on an angle, so be very careful.

Luc
----- Original Message ----- From: "Doug Younker" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 4:36 PM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Gennies and off grid in Texas

Hi,

   Kim; the task is not and doesn't have to be as, daunting as it sounds.
A single axle trailer could be used to transport it from the dock to your
home but, using a tandem axle trailer may feel more comfortable on the road,
if you have drive a long distance or will encounter a lot of traffic.  You
would have to hire a forklift, or whatever, to load the unit on your vehicle
at the dock.  Back home you may have to hire help to unload and place the
unit, most front end loaders can handle the task.  Commercial freight
charges are base on weight not unit volume so, I'm unsure if you could get a
break but, I really don't know.
Doug

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kim & Garth Travis" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>