From: Keith Addison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] japan earthquake
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:49:45 +0900

Greetings Andres

Thanks for your concern, that's very kind of you.

Keith,

You ok?

Yes thanks, we're fine, it was far from here, at Niigata, north of Tokyo. Two deaths, more than 90 hurt, but there's danger of landslides following the typhoon, everything's still soaked. A bullet train got derailed, or partly derailed, nobody hurt, extraordinary.

I've been through earthquakes that strong and it is a powerful experience.

So have I, once - yes, a very powerful experience. Quite salutary - you think the ground is good solid stuff under your feet and suddenly it gets up and shakes itself like a dog with fleas.

It's quite something to live in Tokyo. It's only a matter of time until there's another major earthquake there, everybody knows it, and there are reminders of it all the time, tremors every day, sometimes three or four a day or more, and some of them are strong, you have to grab hold of something. It's amazing how quickly you get used to it. People just take it in their stride, and so did we. You get unused to it again pretty quickly too. There are only very occasional tremors in this part of Japan and we're not used to it at all now.

gambatte o kudasareta

:-) Thankyou.

Regards

Keith