http://www.geocities.com/wastewatts/babington.html
Are two examples of furnaces that do exactly what you are asking about. As for adapting this waste oil for use in vehicles I can't say ('cause I don't know), although there are surely some question about engine wear or damage of some sort although that is pure speculation on my part.Someone with more savy can most likely fill in those blanks.
Luc
----- Original Message ----- From: "Todd Wootton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 2:16 PM
Subject: [Biofuel] waste petroleum oil as biodiesel

Hi everyone. I have heard recently of a diesel vehicle being able run completely on filtered waste petroleum oil. ie 5 w30 and 10 w 30 recycled from oil and lube shops. There is plenty of it around and free for the taking. My understanding is that it just has to be heated just like SVO or WVO to clear through the injectors but that is it. Is there a catch? Does anyone know any more of this? I realize that it is not biodiesel but it is better to use a waste product that having more Saudi oil pumped from the ground and more waste oil going to land fill sights. It can also be used for home heating. Any thought? On a final note-can this oil be chemically changed to make it more like biodiesel so that it doesn't have to be heated first?
Todd Wootton
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Home Office (905)473-5646
Cellular         (705)794-1264