8 gal Imp (UK) = 38.43 quarts/9.61 gal US
Luc
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, November 26, 2004 9:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Biofuel] Re: Source of Enzymes for ethanol production using corn

In Canada, a bushel is 8 Imperial (British) gallons.

A bushel of wheat weighs about 56 pounds. I think corn (maize) and
soybeans are about the same. A bushel of oats weighs considerably less.

Doug Woodard
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004, Erik Lane wrote:

--- "Geyser, Johan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> How much does a bushel weight?  Am I correct in
> saying that a gallon is
> 3.85 litres?

I see this was never answered. A bushel is a
traditional measure of volume here in the states. I
assume we got it from England with the settlers
originally. So how much it would weigh would depend on
what it is you filled it with. It's equal to 8 dry
gallons. Not the same as a liquid gallon, which I
don't really understand and am not going to research
right now. Here's the link - has an amazing amount of
conversions:

http://tinyurl.com/5yyye

A US gallon is 3.79L according to another page on that
same site. A British gallon is larger than ours, tho,
if that's what you're talking about.

Erik