Hi
I would request you to please mail me reuters report on present and future of
Brazilian Ethanol Industry as well as Emberaers release on their Ethanol
powered Aircraft.
Regards,
                                          sumer c jain

CONTACTOS MUNDIALES <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Dear William and all.

The Brazilian ethanol output in 2003 was 14,000,000,000 liters =
3,703,000,000 US gallons
US production for the same year was 12,000,000,000 "
3,174,000,000 "

Other notes on Ethanol in Brazil:

* There are over 4 million cars that use 100% ethanol in their engines
* Ethanol-gasoline blends start at around 25%
* EMBRAER, the largest domestic airplanes manufacturer, will release in
about four months their model Ipanema that
will use ethanol aviation fuel, with the following consequences: 5% power
increase, increased climb rate, speed and altitude, lower engine maintenance
costs, lower emissions (of course), 66% lower fuel costs. (Source: EMBRAER
Press Release)
* In Brazil ethanol is produced from Blackstrap molasses as well as from
sugar cane juice
* The sugar cane productivity is 80 Metric Tons/Hectare/Year. This
agricultural yield is equivalent to some 6,500 liters ethanol/Hectare/year.
* The current area planted with cane for sugar and ethanol production is
around 4.9 million Hectares.

There is a recent report by Reuters on the present and future of the
Brazilian ethanol industry, which I will be happy to mail
upon request, as well as the EMBRAER release on their ethanol-powered
Ipanema.aircraft.

There is a lot to learn from the Brazilian huge ethanol experiment wich they
started more than 30 yeasr ago!.

May all of you have a very nice Sunday,

Luis R. Calzadilla
Contactos Mundiales