it migh be good to get some other advice on it. Someone here must have more info.
Luc
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marna" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, December 17, 2004 8:03 AM
Subject: [Biofuel] Newbie Question: TDI and Homebrew

Hi Luc and Thanks to everyone with great answers!

You wrote:  <<Is your TDI a 2004 ? Then there might be a problem with the
type of pump
they switched over to. If it is an any other year TDI make good fuel
(quality test ect.) and use it.

Ours is a 2005 TDI Jetta Wagon (we love it, too!).  It replaced by GTI
Rabbit that I have owned for 21-1/2 years.  We hope this one last as long.
Would there be a problem with the 2005 fuel pump as well?

Also if we use homebrew and 50% diesel, even with the new pump, would that
work?  We are at least going to make two test batches (as a homeschooling
experiment if nothing else), but would like to continue making homebrew as
we have two local restaurants willing to give us their WVO.

Thanks for your information on homebrew versus ASTM certified oil. Its sort
of like organic food veggies.  The stuff in the stores (shipped from far
away) isn't nearly as fresh tasting or appetizing as the homegrown stuff (if
you do it right).

Is there anyone on this list who lives in the greater Seattle area who is
currently making their own biodiesel from WVO?? If so, could you contact me
off-list??

Thanks,
Marna