Hallo Wynn and Luc,

Friday, 24 December, 2004, 22:21:30, you wrote:

WS> Dear Gustl, And the List,

WS> Christmas in the Trenches
WS> by John McCutcheon

WS> I hope all of you will like this enough to find his CD and buy it.
WS> As good as the text poem is, his rendition in the song is even better.

WS> I know John, we are members of the same Quaker Meeting.
WS> I have the Greatest Respect for this man!
WS> This song is an expression of what the man is.
WS> He is a gentle, generous person, and a loving husband and father.

WS> Also, a true and accomplished artist.

WS> May the spirit of this song spread through out the world,

WS> Wynn

Aha,  another  Friend.  Just like old home week. :o)  That poem (song)
was  sent  to  an  Amiga mailing list to which I subscribe by a friend
(small  f)  from  England  who  has  been  posting a lot of such stuff
lately.   I  am  glad  to  see it is part of an album and will have to
thank  Luc  for  showing me where to get it.  It would be nice to meet
John  although  that  will  never  happen, but we have met in spirit I
believe.   Please  thank  him  for  the song from me please.  Tell him
another  birthright  Friend  who decided to see what war was all about
and found out appreciates his work.

Happy Happy,

Gustl

--
Je mehr wir haben, desto mehr fordert Gott von uns.
Mitglied-Team AMIGA
ICQ: 22211253-Gustli
********
The safest road to Hell is the gradual one - the gentle slope,
soft underfoot, without sudden turnings, without milestones,
without signposts.
C. S. Lewis, "The Screwtape Letters"
********
Es gibt Wahrheiten, die so sehr auf der Stra§e liegen,
da§ sie gerade deshalb von der gewšhnlichen Welt nicht
gesehen oder wenigstens nicht erkannt werden.
********
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't
hear the music.
George Carlin
********
The best portion of a good man's life -
His little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.
William Wordsworth